Post of St Margaret’s, Lee, Parish Administrator
The church are looking for the right person to fulfill this exciting role developing and managing the administrative systems for St Margaret’s Church. This will include equipping and supporting volunteers to play a role in this part of church life.
The post involves providing administrative support to the Rector, the Facilities Manager and the Parochial Church Council, which is the main governing committee of the church.
The post-holder will be initially based in the St Margaret’s Visitor’s Centre on Brandram Road, though there are plans for the office to move to the crypt of St Margaret’s Church.
The post-holder will be responsible to the Rector on a day-to-day basis and accountable to the PCC as the employer.
The role is initially scoped for 16 hours a week, ideally 4 half-days though some flexibility in the distribution of the hours could be agreed.
The person appointed will:
- Be a highly effective administrator.
- Have a warm and welcoming personality.
- Be competent in administering and developing office and administrative systems.
- Have experience of working alongside volunteers.
- Be effective in supporting the Rector, the Facilities Manager and occasionally, other church officers.
- Be computer literate and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher) and social media.
- Be able to take initiative, demonstrate sensitivity and apply common sense.
- Have some understanding of the Christian church and a willingness to work within the faith community.
- Have sound financial acumen.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The salary will be £15 per hour for 16 hours per week on an initial 6 month probationary period followed by an annual appraisal.
For a detailed job description please contact: Reverend Timothy Goode, St Margaret’s Rectory, Brandram Road, London SE13 5EA. Tel. 020 8318 5438. Email: email@example.com or visit the parish website www.stmargaretslee.org.uk
Closing date for applications: Monday 31st December 2018.
Interview date: Tuesday 8th January 2019.
Start date: As soon as possible.