In Partnership between Saxon Crown and Fusion Lifestyle free school top-up swimming sessions are available for students at Lewisham primary schools. The sessions are provided to help swimmers improve and achieve the National Curriculum standard in swimming. The National Curriculum aims for children to be able to swim 25 metres and to tread water for 30 seconds.
The sessions are for Lewisham Primary School Pupils in Year 3 and above.
The sessions will be running at Glass Mill Leisure Centre during the Summer Holidays on the following weeks
Mon 23/7 -Fri 27/7, Mon 30/7 –Fri 3/7, Mon 6/8 –Fri 10/8, Mon 13/8 –Fri 17/8, Mon 20/8 –Fri 24/8, Tue 28/8 –Fri 31/8
To register interest please email:Lewishamswimming@gmail.com
Note: You can only book via this email, not through the centre directly.
There are 4 sessions:
- 00 – 9.45 a.m. Confident – can swim lengths (25m) comfortably using all strokes and in deep water.
- 45 – 10.30 a.m. Improver – can swim on their front and back for 10m +
- 30 – 11.15 a.m. Beginner – is comfortable in water but cannot swim on both front and back unaided.
- 15 – 12.00 a.m. Non-Swimmer – no or limited previous swimming experience.
After you apply you will be assigned a time slot. The sessions times are based on pupil ability, so you must attend the session you are allocated. This will be the same time slot daily for each session. Please be aware that if your child is not suitable for a level you have requested they may lose their space. You can have one week if there is space in a following week you may be able to attend multiple weeks.
Please include the following:
– The week you wish to attend.
– A contact number,
– Your child’s name,
– School attending,
– Year group
– Stage level of swimmer – ASA stages 1 – 7 or equivalent (if known).
– Any medical information or special requirements. If there are none, please state no requirements.